C4 Forums | Control4

on screen navigator help

i am trying to leave the on screen navigator and choose a cable box selection from the blue on screen display - i choose the tv selection i want but I need to find out how i can program so that when i choose the tv selection - i can make my receiver change to a different output at the same time.

currently i get stuck on the navigator on screen display when choosing the tv selection - in this case called SHAW CABLE

was wondering where abouts i need to put a line of code to make that happen....

was thinking maybe under ROOM VARIABLES and then CURRENT MEDIA

i already have IN_NAVIGATION programmed to change my receiver to the correct receiver output when entering NAVIGATOR - but need to know how to change it again when leaving Navigator for a specific tv selection...

any ideas?

You shouldn't have to program it that way. If your tv and receiver have the correct drivers and bindings set by the dealer, then control4 will tell the receiver to switch to the input that the cable box is plugged into. You could program around it this way, but then you might have to include programming based on the event of the 4 button press, to change the input on your receiver back to the controller so you could see the navigator on your tv again.

Archived