C4 Forums | Control4

NAD and C4 Hookup

wappinghigh

NAD 775 and new C4 CM200 module

Hi guys. Has anybody been past the NAD booth and seen how all this works. I’ve read the specs, but there is nothing quite like seeing this sort of thing in the flesh.

I want to upgrade my NAD 773, mainly because I can’t find a decent 2 way C4 serial Driver for this model....then I find C4 has hooked up with NAD!

So can I ask a few questions of the new module and set up

1/ Does one now assume with the CM200 inserted, that full 2 way serial control of all the 775’s functions is now a given....ie no need for “another” C4 driver?

2/How does the module actually put up the circle of power on the TV?..The selling point is that you can do this without interrupting your TV/Movie viewing.

3/ The CM200 apparently replaces the 3 component module: leaving you with 1 component in only. Can the CM200 replace any other module...so you can keep more than 1 component in...(I need a minimum of 3)

4/ Does this hook up with NAD now mean that proper tested 2 way serial drivers will become available for other NAD gear (like my older 773)..that way I can move this into another C4 controlled room, without it becoming obsolete.

Answers to these questions are crucial, because I was actually thinking of upgrading to a the new Denon 10 series or Integra 50.1, until I read the CEIDA announcement....but if NAD is suddenly going to become more C4 friendly, I’ll stick with them...

Archived