C4 Forums | Control4

TS3 Nothing but Problems

nevets23

Anyone else have issues with a TS3 originally bought brand new going bad only 3 years after purchasing? I have three of these things and literally every single one of them has gone bad after the warranty ran out.

Yes, electronica go bad sometimes and inevitably they will fail, but the fact that three of them have gone bad after only 3-4 years is absolutely ridiculous, and tells me that there is a flaw with the design or crappy parts were used.

Before anyone tells me that maybe something is wrong with my setup, there isn’t. All three TS3s have had something completely different go wrong with them.

The latest one (and only one that hasn’t been replaced) to go bad won’t respond to touch in the middle of the screen. C4 needs to make this right. I’ve spent way too much money with them over the years, and this just pisses me off.

3-4 years longevity for a product that doesn’t even get abused/thrown around is absurd. I’ve had some the SR-260 screens go bad, and that’s not surprising  when you have kids and things get sat on accidentally, but this is a completely different story. 

Anyone else feel this way?

I have noticed the in wall t3 units do go bad after a couple of years too, also I just bought 2 t3 tabletop units.  1 for a customer and I treated myself to one also.  

I was setting up the 1 for the customer and the touch part of the TOUCH SCREEN  did not respond to any touch and would not work.  They RMA'ed it and sent me a new one.

Then the one I bought for myself turned on, I had it all set up and added to my system and after 3 days it shut down and will not turn back on. I even tried another table top t3 charging station and nothing.   So today I will have to get back on a chat and get that RMA.

I love how they will charge my card for the new one and then wait until the bad one is sent and then credit me. 

I mean I totally get it, protects them.  Also I was impressed how they sent me the new one with in 2 days before even getting the bad one back. URC makes you send the bad one back, they have to check it out and then send a new one. Takes to much time when you have an angry customer that just spent a lot of money on something that breaks right out of the box.  So good for c4 for that, but yes the t3 lineup is subpar and obviously something is wrong with that line.  I guess that is why they came out with the t4 line up. 

But they should do something for the ones that are out of warranty,  since there are definitely problems with them.  Maybe not a total 100% refund/exchange but maybe something off the new ones . 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.