C4 Forums | Control4

Sony 777 Question

TGannon

I have a question concerning the 400 disc changer. My dealer has a used unit that he willing to sell me for pretty cheap, and I am wondering how I can integrate it into my home.

First off, all of my C4 equipment is in the basement entertainment room. HC-300 and lighting control is all I am doing right now. I am expanding upwards in my home, and the 777 will be part of that expansion. Here is my question:

If the 777 is located in the basement, is there any way to watch movies from it on a TV upstairs? What hardware and cabling would I need? I am planning on putting a HC-200 on the TV upstairs, however I have no ethernet there and was planning on using a wireless bridge.

I am assuming what I want to do is possible, I just don't know how! Any help is appreciated.

Run component cable from the changer to that tv, if it's the only tv you will watch it on. If you have a receiver for surround sound, then you'll need to run digtial coax from the changer to the receiver, otherwise run stereo analog (white & red) just to the tv. If you want to watch the changer in different rooms, you'll need a matrix switch at that point. The 777ES is controlled by RS232 (serial) from the HC300, so make sure he hooks that up too.

What sorts of cabling do you currently have running from the to/from the TV to the basement? How hard will it be to run cable from the TV to the basement?

That's the tough part. I framed the basement myself, so there is cabling down there. To add items to the rest of the house would all be retro. There is currently nothing running (regular cable only), and getting it there would be very tough to do without ripping apart lots of walls. That is why I planned on doing the wireless bridge on the -200. I'm thinking as far the watching movies on the main level TV, I am SOL.

Archived