C4 Forums | Control4

Disable wakeup scene after it runs?

MikeNYC

Hello,

Is there a way to disable a wakeup scene via programming? I'm trying to create a scene that after it runs, it'll disable itself so it doesn't automatically run again the next day. As far as I see, wakeup scenes only have an action for being played, not disabled. I could start the scene with programming that would check IF DISABLED = 1, STOP or similar but that's a kludge.

Also, how can I set the wakeup time via programming? I only see how to do it via remote or using the Navigator. Thanks!

Hello,

Is there a way to disable a wakeup scene via programming? I'm trying to create a scene that after it runs, it'll disable itself so it doesn't automatically run again the next day. As far as I see, wakeup scenes only have an action for being played, not disabled. I could start the scene with programming that would check IF DISABLED = 1, STOP or similar but that's a kludge.

Also, how can I set the wakeup time via programming? I only see how to do it via remote or using the Navigator. Thanks!

I have my wakeup in the scheduler. Put your time and date in the scheduler. Then excute a wakeup when this event triggers

Hello,

I have my wakeup programmed to a button on my 3-button that toggles the wakeup on/off. I've programmed the led to change color (red=off & green=on) so that I can visually see if it's on. This way if there's a holiday or we're on holidays, we've got control of the wakeup. Just an idea that might help you! :)

Maniac36, are you using the Wakeup Agent to run your wakeup programming, or are you using programming activated by the Scheduler? If you're using the wakeup agent, could you share how you toggle it on and off? I only saw the way to execute a wakeup scene, not toggle it on and off. I've been using the SR250 to enable/disable the wakeup scene, but didn't see how to do the same thing via programming.

Poscash- I schedule wakeups at different times frequently, so it's convenient to be able to change the time from the Navigator or SR250 remote. Sometimes I'll set a wakeup for 4:30am, and in my morning daze forget to disable it. The next morning when I'd like to sleep in, it'll still be enabled. So basically I'm looking for a way to have a wakeup scene disable itself after one run, but still retain the ability to schedule it conveniently via remote or navigator.

You can turn on and off wakeup programming in a room through the Navigator interface. You can also set the time for triggering the wakeup.

If you want to programmatically turn off wakeup programming, you can put the programming in Composer programming, instead of in the wakeup, and then fire the programming on 'when the wakup executes'. Then you can use a regular boolean variable to 'shortcut' the programming, so you can turn it off after it's fired once.

Unfortunately, with that route, you would have to turn it back on after.

RyanE

Maniac36, are you using the Wakeup Agent to run your wakeup programming, or are you using programming activated by the Scheduler? If you're using the wakeup agent, could you share how you toggle it on and off? I only saw the way to execute a wakeup scene, not toggle it on and off.

I have my wakeup agent set, then I have scheduler set to trigger wakeup. The button I have programmed is an override, essentially if it's on (led=green) the programming allows the scheduler to run the wakeup. If it's off (led=red) the programming stops before it runs scheduler, therefore no wakeup. Hope it makes sense to you.

If I were using a two button switch to toggle the Wakeup on and off I would do the following:

At the beginning of the wakeup sequence add this sequence:

If LED is Red

Stop

This way, if the LED is Green the sequence would continue through the wakeup.

If you wanted to be reminded to set the wakeup time on the Navigator every evening you could add a line at the end of the wakeup sequence to turn the LED to Red. In that case you would have to toggle the switch to green every night and that would also remind you to make sure the wakeup time is correct

Archived