C4 Forums | Control4

Audio zones issue...

MikeNYC

So I've had an issue with my audio zones for quite some time now. Basically, I have two zones on a C4 Amp for audio, as well as a surround receiver (Denon) for the living room that's IR controlled and some TVs in bedrooms with their own speakers.

The Denon uses two inputs... TV/Cable coming on from the matrix switch, and HDP coming in from an HC-200 output for Digital Audio.

If I'm listening to digital audio in the kitchen and the Living room zone is on watching TV, when I add the Living Room zone to the digital audio everything works fine. The amp switches inputs, and all is well.

The problem lays in when the Living Room zone is "off". If I am listening to digital audio in the kitchen and add the Living Room zone, the receiver powers up but doesn't switch its input from TV/Cable over to HDP. The same thing happens if no audio zones are active, and I play Digital Music in the living room...receiver comes on but doesn't switch input.

If I'm listening to digital audio in the living room (via turning on watching TV then switching to digital audio) and turn the room off, next time I select TV as the source there's no audio until I toggle through my cable TV sources.

In short, it seems that no commands are sent to the receiver on power-up of the room to change the source. Since it's controlled over IR, there's no two-way communication. Perhaps commands are sent but not with enough delay, and the receiver hasn't fully powered on at that point?

I've thought about putting in programming watching CURRENT_MEDIA for the living room, and using some "If..." statements to manually send the input command to the receiver. But that shouldn't be necessary with this system.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Check delay in driver.

Edit driver, in device info (power management) check the delay (how long after the power on commend is issued, should subsequent control commends be delayed) increase it by 5 sec and try it.

Check delay in driver.

Edit driver, in device info (power management) check the delay (how long after the power on commend is issued, should subsequent control commends be delayed) increase it by 5 sec and try it.

This can only be done with Composer Pro.

i know, but only b/c his logo says member doesn't mean he has no access to pro, mine says member and I'm installing/programming everyday.

Yes, but Composer Pro is for dealers only, and it should be noted that certain things can only be done with that version.

Archived