C4 Forums | Control4

Broken 6 Button?

Just recently I had a button on my 6 button lose its LED color as well as stop functioning. The button simply changes the audio source to a line in connected to my my mac-mini. See the state of my 6 button in the attached picture. Steps taken to fix issue:

- Disconnect / Re-Identify

- Complete 6 Button Reset (9 pushes on button 1, 9 pushes on button 3, 9 pushes on button 1)

- Reloaded a working project

It use to be blue and turn green when pushed, as well as change to the correct source. Now its a static green and does not respond when pushed, nor does it change to the audio source. I can change the source via the SR250 or via the iphone app, but no longer on the 6 button.

Using composer 1.7 and director version 1.7.3.20

Thoughts?

Here you go. The problem isn't with the actual color, but that none of the functions work for that button. I can change the standing color, but the color when pressed never changes. Its like the button isn't recognizing that it is getting pressed. Source and the light stay the same on press.

Do these keypads go bad? It is about 5 months old.

Thoughts?

Jim

Here you go. The problem isn't with the actual color, but that none of the functions work for that button. I can change the standing color, but the color when pressed never changes. Its like the button isn't recognizing that it is getting pressed. Source and the light stay the same on press.

Do these keypads go bad? It is about 5 months old.

Thoughts?

Jim

It has a two year warranty. I would contact your dealer and get it RMA'd.

EDIT:

Looks like it is a hardware problem, but my dealer is going to charge me to confirm it with a visit. I would really rather not pay the hourly charge and RMA it myself for free since its under warranty.

Thoughts?

---

I just did - they think its a software issue. I will update the thread once they have found out the root of the issue.

EDIT:

Looks like it is a hardware problem, but my dealer is going to charge me to confirm it with a visit. I would really rather not pay the hourly charge and RMA it myself for free since its under warranty.

Thoughts?

---

I just did - they think its a software issue. I will update the thread once they have found out the root of the issue.

Only your dealer can RMA the product.

There is significant time and expense in swapping out a product and returning it under an RMA. I am sure you don't want to hear this but most warranties (C4 or other manufactures) only cover replacement of the product and not the cost of having the product installed, shipped, programmed or any other expense incurred in product replacement.

Archived