C4 Forums | Control4

LG OLED IP Control

No, this isn't another thread about how flaky IP control is with LG TVs, this is about something else. I have 9 LG OLED TVs in my house, and I've gone into the IP control hidden menu on each one, enabled IP control in Composer, and every one of them has been working great, with one exception. I have one LG OLED in my outdoor kitchen, and it's an LG OLED W7 "wallpaper TV" which I bought at least 5 years ago. I haven't seen a driver listed for this specific TV so I loaded the driver for the LG W8, the following year's model. Meanwhile, it's still setup using IR control. I've left the LG W8 driver loaded in the project without it connected to anything waiting for it to be recognized by Control4, but it's been 4 weeks and still nothing. If I go into connections/network/available devices, I find devices listed with the same IP address as the TV (um:schemas-upnp-org:device:Basic:1, um:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1, etc), but nothing that I can actually link to the LG.tv:OLED65W9PUA driver loaded. 2 of my other LG TVs are connected via address type UUID and the rest are IP, but is the problem possibly because I have a slightly different driver loaded into the project? If I removed the driver I have loaded, would I be able to add this TV to the project using one of these other descriptions listed in connections/network/available devices?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.