C4 Forums | Control4

Custom Buttons

ES_Dave

Can you copy, or export a custom button?

Let's say you create a macro for a custom button. You make that button for the whole house. Then the customer decides that they only want that button to show up in certain rooms. How do you delete a room from a custom button without deleting the whole button and starting over?

Also, I noticed if you make a button for a room and put it into one of the four corners, if you make another button and it's for the whole house and you use that same corner, it erases the original. Why can't the software relocate the button that was designed for that one room? I guess that needs to be in the requests area.

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to do the same thing right now. I have a custom button in one room that the client now wants in 5 other rooms. It is a long macro that I would rather not have to recreate 5 times.

If I figure out a way I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard from C4 that two things are being looked at to be added... not sure if it'll be in the 1.3 release, but for sure by a 1.4 release:

1) Ability to copy / export custom buttons / programming.

2) Ability to view all the programming within a system ... summary of some sort on a new tab or something... dunno much about this, but I've been asking for it for a while and was told it IS coming within the next two releases.

How do you delete a room from a custom button without deleting the whole button and starting over?

Can't be done yet.

You can have one custom button push another custom button , this saves double programming

Another method is to use variables. Create a boolean variable, and place all your programming logic in an "if" statement that checks to see if the same variable is true. Make sure you reset the variable to false at the end of the script. Using this, you can execute this logic from anywhere within your programming, including custom buttons. Simply set the variable to true, forcing the script to kick into action.

Archived