C4 Forums | Control4

No remote access with Composer Home Edition

For the last 2 months at least I've been having issues with remote access using Composer HE.  When my EA5 shows up on the host name list, the ADDRESS listed is not the normal IP address of my controller and the STATUS says "Unable to communicate with project".  If I click on the controller, it says "Unable to connect to xx.xxxx.xx.xxx. Verify this is a valid controller and try again".  If I hit refresh, then the controller disappears from the list.  Both my dealer and Control4 said they could access my system remotely without any issue.  It doesn't matter what internet I'm using as I've tried to access from several locations.  I'm on latest firmware, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Composer at least 5 times.  It always used to work so I could work on my system when not at home.

2 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

For the last 2 months at least I've been having issues with remote access using Composer HE.  When my EA5 shows up on the host name list, the ADDRESS listed is not the normal IP address of my controller and the STATUS says "Unable to communicate with project".  If I click on the controller, it says "Unable to connect to xx.xxxx.xx.xxx. Verify this is a valid controller and try again".  If I hit refresh, then the controller disappears from the list.  Both my dealer and Control4 said they could access my system remotely without any issue.  It doesn't matter what internet I'm using as I've tried to access from several locations.  I'm on latest firmware, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Composer at least 5 times.  It always used to work so I could work on my system when not at home.

You probably are using multiple routers in your network. Do you have a wifi extender anywhere?

1 minute ago, Andrew luecke said:

You probably are using multiple routers in your network. Do you have a wifi extender anywhere?

Sorry. Misread this. Remotely the IP will appear to be 10.x.x.x because it uses VPN.

Try reinstalling composer. Whilst I'm not sure in this case composer HE might possibly need 4sight.

3 hours ago, Dunamivora said:

What version of composer HE?

Have you tried it on a second computer?

It's the 3.2.4 version but it did it on the last version before recent update as well..... Haven't tried any other computer because I only have my laptop as remote.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.