C4 Forums | Control4

AVM-MC1-B Wont' Respond to Remote

I just had a system installed with a AVM-MC1-B acting as the main unit. Generally works fine, but I have had a few occasions when I first turn on the system and push the Red4 on the remote and the system only turns on components, but I can't get it to go to the main menu on the TV. It seems once the system is on for about 5 min, it will then respond and go to the main menu. Does anyone know why this is? When I turn on the system, I want to be able to use the system to select whichever Input I choose.

Sounds like the delay C4 waits before sending commands to control the TV is too short. Looks like the C4 system is sending commands to change the TV input before the TV has had a chance to fully turn on. It can take a few seconds for the TV to power on before it can accept commands such as changing inputs.

Have your dealer edit the TV driver and increase the delay that the system waits before sending commands to the TV. This is not something you can change yourself, your dealer needs to make these modifications.

Thanks, but it is all turning on. It is just not changing the input on the Denon AVR 2808ci to the input necessary to display the C4 screen. It does control the dvd properly, for example, but will not show the C4 screen.

Any further ideas?

Henry

Archived