C4 Forums | Control4

How do you program security panel commands in HE?

akg4y

Nevermind, found it... the security panel is in a different room than the 'virtual' room with all of my contacts.

I do have a different question though.. I have a GE Concord 4 which has a normal keypad and then to the right of the keypad there are shortcut buttons labeled 'Arm to Stay', Arm to away, disarm, C, and D (Quick exit). The 'D' button also serves to send a temporary disarm such that you can press it, walk out the door for 2 minutes and come back in (ie to get the paper in the morning or let the dogs out, etc). I dont have that as an option under HE programming, is there a way to do it?

Also, I noticed in the release notes/monitoring section of HE for the Concord4 system it gives this warning:

The panel protocol sends an 'Arm to Away' message before the 'Arm to Home' message, so programming on Away will be triggered when the panel is armed to home or away.

How have people worked around this to ensure that any programming tied to 'arming to away' is only triggered when the system is on away and not when on Stay?

Do most of you guys use the standard security keypads in your homes or do you use the c4 touchscreens to control the security system?

You should have at least one native keypad for your security system. If there are issues with the C4 system you still want to be able to control your security system.

Archived