C4 Forums | Control4

Hikvision facial recognition

ERDrPC

Have anyone ever used or heard about Hikvision facial recognition panels?

I wonder if it has security so that it has to be a live person and not a picture. 

Questions I have:
1. I have a Hik NVR with the chowmain driver - will the c4 firmware include this device?
2. How to remotely power thru 12v as it is not POE?  
3. I have Yale locks - need to program recognition to open the door - I wonder about the delay??

• 8 months later...

• 1 month later...

I have this in my home and tested multiple models. I have it so the kids can use their face to open the door.

The system is very impressive, doesn’t get fooled from photos. It has relay outs and a secure module you can purchase if you need communication encrypted from the module itself to your own relay contacts.

You can have it use wifi or Ethernet. The Ethernet is not your typical POE but can have it powered with some of the strands.

I’m mobile now but I would be more than happy to provide more insight if needed.

Im not using the c4 driver at the moment but will be deploying into a c4 system in the new few weeks. Just treat it like a camera with relays built in.  You also have more access to authentication, failed authentications etc through other methods so all of those can be implemented. 

eg. If a guest tries to authenticate (and fails) I get an email with their photo sent to me. Alternatively, you have lights flash or anything else in c4.

Ram

Symmetron

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2023 at 3:52 PM, Ram Siva said:

I have this in my home and tested multiple models. I have it so the kids can use their face to open the door.

The system is very impressive, doesn’t get fooled from photos. It has relay outs and a secure module you can purchase if you need communication encrypted from the module itself to your own relay contacts.

You can have it use wifi or Ethernet. The Ethernet is not your typical POE but can have it powered with some of the strands.

I’m mobile now but I would be more than happy to provide more insight if needed.

Im not using the c4 driver at the moment but will be deploying into a c4 system in the new few weeks. Just treat it like a camera with relays built in.  You also have more access to authentication, failed authentications etc through other methods so all of those can be implemented. 

eg. If a guest tries to authenticate (and fails) I get an email with their photo sent to me. Alternatively, you have lights flash or anything else in c4.

Ram

Symmetron

Ram, i'm keen to know how you got on with this and whether the integration went well for you. Am in the same boat and may ask our dealers to provide some test hardware but any first hand experience you have is invaluable.

Cheers
Pops

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.