C4 Forums | Control4

Music transfer question?

Ryan

Tell me if this is odd but when I transfer music from my desktop to the mediacontroller, I frequently see that the Director is disconnected. Currently, I am onsite and transfering 300 cd's (converted to MP3 by musictodigital.com) and as its rolling through the transfer, I see a red disconnected icon in the lower right corner of the screen.

Should I be concerned? Often times, I tell the customer that I will be back in the morning to check the progress and refresh the system to ensure everything is online and jamming. 3/4 of the time when I return I see that composer has lost connection to the director. I end up rescanning everything and find numerous copies of copies of copies of mp3's. I'm thinking the system being connected then disconnected could be a culprit??

Just curious to see if this is happening to any of you? Thanks

• 3 years later...

I bave been a C4 owner for about 3 years. I don't have any of the bells and whistles yet, but C4 works great for home theater (satellite TV), music from CD's, and the screensaver. Lately, the Mp3 Music connection has not worked. When I try to 'Add' or 'Scan' I get the following error message:

Composer

The device you are trying to access appears to be offline. Check its connections and try again.

I would appreciate any guidance in solving this problem. I am trying to avoid having to get my AV contractor back out here. Thanks for any help!

Archived