C4 Forums | Control4

iPad and Amazon Fire Tablets w/ Intercom using Linphone?

Hello,

I'm brand new to C4 and our install is happening as I write this.

Due to the expense of all the hardware purchases and dealer costs to install everything, I cannot afford T3 or T4 touchscreens right now.

I'd like to use an iPad and a few Amazon Fire HD tablets to use as an Intercom and to interface with the C4 Chime Units I'm having installed so we can answer the door and unlock the door from one of the tablets.  We also want to use them as Intercoms between rooms since our family is spread apart throughout the home and on different floors.

I understand that Intercom Anywhere was deprecated and can no longer be used with OS 3.3.

I also understand that only the iPhone has built-in Intercom support.

Through my research and searching on this forum, I've come across posts that state by using another app called Linphone, I can get the Intercom functionality we desire on the iPad and Amazon Fire HD tablets, but I'm not sure of this and need confirmation this will work.

I'm using OS 3.3, if that makes a difference.

I cannot get the Intercom icon to appear on any of the tablets, so I'm not sure how using Linphone will work.

I'd greatly appreciate some info and advice from anyone who has successfully set this up.  We want to use dedicated tablets for each room for all the Intercom features, to view our security cameras, answer/unlock the doors, etc, until we can afford to purchase T3's or T4's and we're hoping a solution using these inexpensive tablets exists, even with a workaround, until we can afford to upgrade.

Thanks for your help with this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.