C4 Forums | Control4

delay in turning off receiver after playing music w/Sonos

yvr76

Running OS 3.3, and can do programming with Home Composer.   I have a Sonos Port connected to a Integra DRX 3.1 (multiple zones).  Often times we just do requests of multiple songs in a row with Alexa.  This turns on the receiver and starts playing, but when the song is done, the receiver turns off again.  There's also a 2 second power on delay (and one for power off) with the receiver, so that adds some delays if you're requesting one song right after another.

What's the best way to delay turning off the receiver by e.g. 5 minutes for these cases, in case we have more requests, and then it'll turn off after the delay if it's no longer in use (the receiver takes around 45W in idle mode, so leaving it on throughout the day isn't an option)

That was the first thing I tried, but it's curiously capped (Power Off Delay) at 5 seconds.

There is a Power On Delay as well (maximum 30 seconds) - this is used to prescribe a waiting time before subsequent commands are run after the receiver turns on.  Not sure why the Power Off Delay has such a short interval.

Is there any way to override how "Room Off" turns off AV components for a specific room?

Ok, I actually just found it - it's part of the Sonos Driver, there is a Delay for Auto Off setting that you can configure per room (which is nice since my other rooms just have Sonos speakers, not a Port).  You can configure this between 10 seconds to 30 minutes.

7 hours ago, yvr76 said:

Delay for Auto Off

That's the one i meant, yes.

Naming is a bit confusing yes - probably is in part due to 'power off delay' being something that's been around much much longer as a 'standard' implementation in drivers (though not always as a visible/editable field) for a completely different use.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.