C4 Forums | Control4

Integration with Home Assistant

Hi all,

I have Control4 lighting in my flat*. I would like to control that lighting as part of my Home Assistant setup. (I've used Home Assistant with Lutron in the past, and it's been an absolute pleasure.)

So, I add the Control4 integration to Home Assistant. I enter the IP address, username and password for the controller... it connects... but then it only shows one device: the Control4 controller, and none of the lights/blinds/etc.

Attempting to troubleshoot, I see that it hangs off of PyControl4, so I install that on my laptop, connect to my system (same IP/username/password), and PyControl4 sees all all my devices.

I'm stumped: does anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting?

Or, is there a simple way to simply expose all of my Control4 as HomeKit or equivalent devices on my network? (I'm happy to use MQTT or HTTPS or whatever is easiest.)

Or, are there defined endpoints / APIs for 4Sight that I can hang off of?

(I'm tempted to just create a little Flask app in Python that uses PyControl4, and then exposes all the devices with HTTP endpoints, and then can write a little custom plugin for HA myself. But then I remembered that I have a job and kids, And presumably someone has had the same issue I'm having...)

Thanks

Robert

• 5 months later...

@zaphod Download the latest, then SSH into your HA instance and stop HA Core. Next, open the archive and extract the control4 directory located under custom_components to the custom_components directory of your HA instance. If you don't currently have a custom_components directory under /config, create one. After you've copied the code into HA, restart HA. When HA comes back up, go to the Settings tab and click on Devices and services. You'll be adding control4 as an Integration, so click on the Add Integration button at the bottom right. Now scroll down to Control4 and click to open the configuration dialog. Enter your controller IP address and Control4 credentials you use to login to your Control4 customer account. When you submit the configuration to HA your C4 project is scanned to locate zones and devices. These zones/devices appear as devices in the HA integration.

This integration is a starting point for HA and C4. For me, any hooks I can get into C4 are welcome.

Thanks Gary.  I am running HA in a docker container on an unRAID server.  I copied the files over to the /appdata/Home-Assistant-Container/custom-components folder.  It turns out I had already added Control4 to HA, but not through HACS so it said something like Control4 already installed. 

I already had the lights in the system, but not the media players which are now in the system.  The volume works and I appear to be able to turn the media on and off, but not use the pause/play buttons, at least not in my initial testing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.