C4 Forums | Control4

Site Struck by Lightning Old controller is HC250 recommending Core 1

Bbaum

I have a potential customer we are looking at doing a take over job for and I'm still a little green to C4.  They currently have a HC-250 with 2 x SR-260 remotes (2 zones of AV) and 4 zones of audio with 8AMP-B.  We are working through the process of what is functional and what needs to be replaced.  The controller is definitely not working and needs replaced. Not sure on 8AMP-B since there is no controller functioning to run tests.

My Question.

Is it possible to pull the backup file from my.control4.com customer website and upgrade it a newer OS on a new controller (Core 1)? Or is it possible to downgrade the Core 1 to match the OS the current project is running on?  I do not know what version OS they are on at this point, but just trying to under what the best practice is for doing a swamp without having the old controller functional.  Can I run the file in virtual and upgrade the OS without a controller? OR Is it better just to start from scratch?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.