C4 Forums | Control4

New system finally up and running

dblessing

Very nice looking system and clean install! Are you able to share general configuration of your UniFi setup? I have a similar (less robust) C4 setup with a UDM SE and two switches that occasionally gives me issues with C4. I've done quite a bit of searching with no luck.  

52 minutes ago, EY370 said:

Very nice looking system and clean install! Are you able to share general configuration of your UniFi setup? I have a similar (less robust) C4 setup with a UDM SE and two switches that occasionally gives me issues with C4. I've done quite a bit of searching with no luck.  

What kind of issues do you have? My configuration is currently pretty basic. The biggest piece is I have separate networks for cameras, IoT (only cloud-based stuff that doesn’t directly connect to C4), and trusted internal (all phones, computers and C4 devices). 

2 minutes ago, dblessing said:

What kind of issues do you have? My configuration is currently pretty basic. The biggest piece is I have separate networks for cameras, IoT (only cloud-based stuff that doesn’t directly connect to C4), and trusted internal (all phones, computers and C4 devices). 

My dealer can't get IP control of two LG OLED TVs to work correctly, so reverted to IR. I don't have any VLANs setup yet (but would like to) for fear of screwing up the C4 functionality and multitude of SONOS products I have in the system. Your VLAN setup is exactly what I would like to implement if I can get it to work without issues. 

4 minutes ago, EY370 said:

My dealer can't get IP control of two LG OLED TVs to work correctly, so reverted to IR. I don't have any VLANs setup yet (but would like to) for fear of screwing up the C4 functionality and multitude of SONOS products I have in the system. Your VLAN setup is exactly what I would like to implement if I can get it to work without issues. 

Since you said no VLANs yet I assume you’re not using the new UniFi WiFi pre shared keys? Don’t use it. I tried because it sounds great but my WiFi was absolute garbage until I went to separate SSIDs and just used regular authentication. 

Otherwise I can’t think of any reasons you’d have trouble with UniFi. Could it be an LG issue? I have a Samsung TV on IP control and it’s working. 

14 minutes ago, dblessing said:

Since you said no VLANs yet I assume you’re not using the new UniFi WiFi pre shared keys? Don’t use it. I tried because it sounds great but my WiFi was absolute garbage until I went to separate SSIDs and just used regular authentication. 

Otherwise I can’t think of any reasons you’d have trouble with UniFi. Could it be an LG issue? I have a Samsung TV on IP control and it’s working. 

I am not using the pre shared keys - thanks for the heads-up. Very possibly an LG issue. Everything is now working, just wanted to avoid the additional hardware. 

Anyway, thanks for the input, don't want to derail your thread. Very nice looking build - enjoy it! Wish I had wired for the Josh setup - it looks great!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.