C4 Forums | Control4

Halo remote voice functionality not working with Siri via Apple TV... sometimes

VBSGabe

I have a project I'm working on with 7 Apple TVs. On 2 of them, the Siri functionality works flawlessly through the Halo remote. It's responsive, accurate, and feels no different than using the actual Siri remote. On the rest of them, Siri will not work through the Halo remote. At all.

Same firmware across the board, same network, same drivers, no functional difference between any of them. All of the HomeKit settings are as they should be, dictation and Siri settings are the same across the board as well.

I have an escalation agent I'm working with later today but want to see if anyone else has found a tech-applicable solution to this, or even run into it at all.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue here I have one ATV that my halo for that room will not activate Siri with. If I take that one remote and switch rooms it will work with other appleTV’s in my house. I’m going to try moving my touch that always works in the living room and see if it will work with that appleTV.  

Nope

Edited by tripleC

On 5/27/2024 at 5:37 AM, AASolutionSmart said:

Hi there,

Just wondering if you ever solved this issue as I'm having the same problem?

Thanks

STILL having this issue... tech support keeps trying beta updates, but so far, it's been no good. It's a weird one, but it does seem like the guys at C4 are trying their best to figure out what's going on.

Best of luck.

18 minutes ago, VBSGabe said:

STILL having this issue... tech support keeps trying beta updates, but so far, it's been no good. It's a weird one, but it does seem like the guys at C4 are trying their best to figure out what's going on.

Best of luck.

That’s comforting for a system that you pay good money for. 

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get the remote that was giving me the most problems working for the time being.  I had to turn off Siri then unplug the Apple TV then replug and turn Siri back on.