C4 Forums | Control4

Training course

Hi

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I have been searching for a practical hands on Control 4 training course in the UK. Where I can learn about the products available and also Installation and programming. I have been an AV engineer for over 10 years working on tempary and permanent installs. Now I want to push my own business and start to do more of my own work and would like to familiarise myself with Control 4.

Could someone point me in the right direction of where the courses are available.

Thanks

1 minute ago, TRUN said:

Hi

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I have been searching for a practical hands on Control 4 training course in the UK. Where I can learn about the products available and also Installation and programming. I have been an AV engineer for over 10 years working on tempary and permanent installs. Now I want to push my own business and start to do more of my own work and would like to familiarise myself with Control 4.

Could someone point me in the right direction of where the courses are available.

Thanks

C4 is a dealer model - so any official training is blocked behind password protected websites.  There is software end users can use called Composer home edition and a simple google search will show you some manuals.  But that is basically scratching the surface and again doesn’t include all the things locked to end users that only dealers can do with the system.

Seems abit silly that you have to be and established company to get training when most people want to use the training to become more established.

Can anyone recommend any other home automation/installation/electrical courses in the UK that has helped them in this sort of thing?

5 hours ago, TRUN said:

Seems abit silly that you have to be and established company to get training when most people want to use the training to become more established.

Can anyone recommend any other home automation/installation/electrical courses in the UK that has helped them in this sort of thing?

They don’t want to dilute their brand with having inexperienced companies selling their product.  They realize people may have to learn the platform but they want them to know the business and have a solid business.

i am in the US so can’t really help with other brands in the UK.  I think you could probably look at Lutron or maybe Elan or RTI which may have easier requirements (Lutron not being a full blown automation system)