C4 Forums | Control4

composer says "this device's c4i is badly formed"

I am trying to load into my project a  driver that I found on the net. I can add it but the tooltip and summary page say "this device's c4i is badly formed".

What could cause this message? Composer logs do not help.  Is this error caused by something wrong in the driver.xml,  or should I rather look  in the actual lua code? The driver format is c4z  anyways not c4i.

Thanks

Rick

Could be a fault anywhere from the contents of the driver.xml to the contents of the zip container file or its layout. You could try comparing to another c4z file but that is a hugely time consuming and manual process and up to you whether it is worth the effort. Surprised nothing appears in the logs about the validation tbh.

No, it is a c4z driver. The message is misleading to say the least...

Also not old, updated 2023.

I tried to convert to c4i; got the same error.

All I would like to know is whether this error is XML related, or LUA related...

I believe the error must come from driver.xml validation anyway. As I have in the past uploaded bad lua code and the driver loaded fine, then spat out LUA errors when executed...