C4 Forums | Control4

SuperBus 2000 Automation Module - GE Concord Panel

bumb

I need some help with this. I have a SuperBus 2000 Automation Module (base system is GE Concord Security System) I bought to integrate into my Control 4 System. I have attempted many times to hook it up. Every time I do I get a "Ground Fault" error on the security keypad. I have attempted to use all 4 of the serial ports on the back of my HC500 with not luck. I have tried a couple different cables, no luck. I have tried plugging my HC500 into the same electrical outlet as the security system, no luck.

I need to figure out what is giving me this error so I can correct it. Any Thoughts Anyone?

I need some help with this. I have a SuperBus 2000 Automation Module (base system is GE Concord Security System) I bought to integrate into my Control 4 System. I have attempted many times to hook it up. Every time I do I get a "Ground Fault" error on the security keypad. I have attempted to use all 4 of the serial ports on the back of my HC500 with not luck. I have tried a couple different cables, no luck. I have tried plugging my HC500 into the same electrical outlet as the security system, no luck.

I need to figure out what is giving me this error so I can correct it. Any Thoughts Anyone?

This is a fairly common thing that gets reported...and I think the fix is straight forward. I don't have time to search and find the threads right now but I can tell you answer does lie somewhere within this forum.

Good luck, and if I get a chance later I will do some digging for you.

I am not where I can verify this first hand, but I don't think the ground fault error is related to the serial connection to your HC500. If all was working beforem "Bus Failure" indicates a problem with the serial connection to HC500 and I think "Ground Failure" indicates a wiring or power problem on the alarm panel itself. Did you wire the Superbus while the alarm system was powered on? You may just need to completely power cycle your alarm panel. When you power cycle, double check wiring for the Superbus.

Steps:

Unplug the power brick for your security panel (you may need a screwdriver to unplug it), and then disconnect one side of the battery terminal (make sure it doesn't touch either battery terminal) inside the alarm panel. While power is off for a minute, check your 4 wires for the superbus. Make sure your A and B on the superbus are matching properly to the keypad screw terminals. Plug in the battery and power brick for your alarm. Check the Keypad for status.

Thanks,

Brian Garrison

Garrison Home Theater, Inc.

http://www.garrisonht.com/

Thanks for the replies. I did solve the ground fault error. I disconnected ground from the automation module to the panel. I am not sure this won't cause another problem, but again there is no ground fault error now.

I am now getting a bus failure error. I ran across some posts addressing this failure. I will review them and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Not sure what serial port you're using on the 500 - I seem to recall the serial ports being configured differently. The concord automation module uses odd parity - you might try switching serial ports. Start with serial 1 and work your way down. Either that or try and find the tech specs on the 500 serial ports.

I have tested each port and I get the same result. If I am not mistaken serial ports 1 & 2 are odd and 4 & 5 are odd or even. And since the 2000 module is odd, it should work on any of them.

I don't know, but when it is back to working 100% I will let everyone know.

1 and 2 are definitely odd, 3 and 4 are even.

To garrisonht's point, I believe in a working system if you disco the rs232 cable from the hc500 you should see a bus failure message on the keypad. So that message in and of itself indicates a comm problem between the automation module and c4 controller.

I assume you've checked the cabling between those two points.

It may be as simple as a bad automation module.

Archived