C4 Forums | Control4

Using Direction Keys on 7"

I have a Denon Reciever.

Before C4, we would hit the "setup" button on the remote and do some on screen selections, while still watching TV, DVD, etc.

I can make one of buttons 1-4 become setup, but when using the arrow keys, they will still follow the arrow keys from directv, etc.

I set a variable that hold true when setup is hit, now the arrow keys follow directv and the denon.

Is there a way to temporarily stop the arrow from current program, have them do something else, then reinable them?

Sorry if this is confusing.

thanks for any help

the remote will tell you which item it is controlling but you can go to the list function of the ts. and choose the receiver for direct control. (assuming that the dealer did not "hide" the receiver.

IE

If I were watching a DVD I would got to cop

select videos

then select receiver

now your arrow keys will only do actions on the receiver

you must change it back to DVD to control that

Brent

Cop=circle of power, the Main blue screen

list function is a button on the sr250 remote that will allow you to get to your receiver(if not hidden by your dealer) without disrupting what your currently watching. You can also use a touchscreen to do this. Your dealer can unhide it in less than a minute. Go to video on the cop screen then see if your receiver is an option. If not get your dealer to unhide it.

I fully understand. This is exactly how we do this today. Do if I'm in directv or DVD or KScape, I have to hit receiver then I can use the hard keys for what I want to do.

I am trying to find a work around. So No matter what is really being controlled, once I hit the 4-button, the hard direction keys will only relay what i need. I've gotten as far as them relaying what I want PLUS what I am on (directv or DVD or KScape).

Archived