C4 Forums | Control4

camera on anouncement

Is it possible that if I have my card access doorbell sensor activated it will bring my front door camera up on navigator on my tv?? or a touch screen...ive seen the accouncement agent but that seems to be only text, and I already have a doorbell chime play in the house but Id rather my wife be able to see whos there before she decides to answer....also is it possible to run two different zigbee access points on channel 14 in 1.8.2, I have a seperate house on the property I want to outfit with a few thermostats and sensors and they run on channel 14...but in 1.7 you can only have one channel 14 run and I do not want to put card access repeaters all the way to an acre back outside...and I dont want to run two seperate projects...

thanks guys!

• 2 months later...

Yes, you can have the announcement pop up an image from your ip camera.

http://c4central.com/2010/04/15/%E2%80%9Chow-do-i%E2%80%9D-make-a-static-image-of-an-ip-camera-pop-up-on-the-touchscreens-or-tv-gui/

Channels aren't used in ZigbeePro as they were in Embernet. You can have multiple access points on the same channel without conflicts.

Archived