C4 Forums | Control4

DSC 1832 Alarm Motion sensor trouble

I have the subject alarm and when I looking at my system design in HE under the list previews tab, I'm able to see the entire break down of my alarm system. The dealer has set up 16 zones which is really great. I have 4 motion sensor of which three seem to be operating normally becuase if I have a family member walk thru that zone with the motion sensor it shows up on the list preview tab as sensing motion. However, the motion sensor in the downstairs theater always shows that there is motion in the room. I want to be able to have the lights in the theater room turn on when someone walks in. The alarm system is 3 months old. Is there anyway to "reset" the motion sensor or do I need to call the alarm company back to replace the sensor? Thanks...

Yes that is correct, I'm using the IT100 interface and a serial cable to an HC300. However, when I use that particular motion sensor, program a set of lights to turn on when it senses motion, nothing happens. I can program the very same set of lights to do the same thing with any of the remaining three sensors that are on a different level of the house. Last night I did just that. When I program the "offending" motion sensor, hit execute in HE Composer the lights react as programmed. Then I try the same thing by walking around the room attempting to get the lights to turn on and nothing. One final point, when I leave the house and the alarm is in "away" mode, meaning motion sensors are active, I do not get any false alarms...

Yes that is correct, I'm using the IT100 interface and a serial cable to an HC300. However, when I use that particular motion sensor, program a set of lights to turn on when it senses motion, nothing happens. I can program the very same set of lights to do the same thing with any of the remaining three sensors that are on a different level of the house. Last night I did just that. When I program the "offending" motion sensor, hit execute in HE Composer the lights react as programmed. Then I try the same thing by walking around the room attempting to get the lights to turn on and nothing. One final point, when I leave the house and the alarm is in "away" mode, meaning motion sensors are active, I do not get any false alarms...

Does the motion sensor work. Will it trigger the alarm. Have someone stand still in the room. Arm the alarm. Have the person move. See if the alarm triggers by sensing motion from that sensor.

Archived