C4 Forums | Control4

Another problem for a novice that is likely a very easy fix

I am trying to install a mini lcd unit into a table top box. I have the wires hooked up correctly and the unit powers on. I put two screws in the unit and attempted to hook on the faceplate. The faceplate clicks on for one end but does not click on the other.

How do you secure the faceplate? There are no hooks, screws, etc. to secure it. I am sure I am missing something extremely simple but I cant figure it out.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

The screws are to attach the mini-touch to the in-wall box.

Once the screws are in, it's attached. To put the faceplate on, remove any nut and washer that's on the encoder shaft (that you would normally put the dial on), put the left side of the faceplate on, put the right side of the faceplate on (with the shaft through the hole), and put the washer and nut on the encoder shaft.

Finger-tighten it (don't overtighten as you can damage the encoder), and put the encoder knob on.

RyanE

The screws are to attach the mini-touch to the in-wall box.

Once the screws are in, it's attached. To put the faceplate on, remove any nut and washer that's on the encoder shaft (that you would normally put the dial on), put the left side of the faceplate on, put the right side of the faceplate on (with the shaft through the hole), and put the washer and nut on the encoder shaft.

Finger-tighten it (don't overtighten as you can damage the encoder), and put the encoder knob on.

RyanE

Thanks. I will give it a shot this evening.

Archived