C4 Forums | Control4

Telnet into Media Controller

Hi, I have an old Media controller that I purchased way back in May of 2005 when C4 first came out that I am trying to telnet into to change it from a slave to main controller to test some equipment I have left over. Unfortunately, the dealer I used back then no longer is around (or at least answers e-mails! - many of you know who he is!). I sold the house with our entire C4 set-up, and had upgraded to HC-300;s when they came out, but saved a few extra pieces of the system and now want to reset this old box.

Can someone e-mail me the password that C4 set to telnet into the system. I know the user name, but can not remember what the password is. I will gladly provide anyone the serial number / MAC address and any other identifying info to show that I actually have the device here.

Also, if you know what the command is to reset director on the machine to change it from a slave to a main controller, that would be helpful as well.

Best,

Joe

I am not at home so I can't look at mine, but I think I remember a reset button being recessed under the front panel of the device.

Also, I believe (but could be wrong) that if you boot it up, reset it, then connect to it with Composer, so long as there are no other controllers on the network it will start director since it isn't getting any commands or response from another director.

Again, I could be wrong, just something to try.

The other thing you can do is a USB restore...that will enable director.

I have never used Telnet so I am not much help here, but I can tell you that the password and username can be found on this forum...I remember seeing it.

Archived