C4 Forums | Control4

HOW DO I COPY MP3 files from my HC500 onto an external HDD

Please help guys ... how do i go about copying existing MP3 files from my HC500 onto an external drive ... i tried using composer to drag and drop the MP3 files from the HC500 into another folder on my PC and it does not work ... i also tried using CONTROL4 EASY IMPORTER but its quite lame.

Any ideas would be appreciated ... all my CD's have been ripped directly to the HC500 and i dont want to go through the bother of ripping the whole lot again.

Thanks

Mervyn

While I do not have an HC500 with an internal hard drive, I do have an HC300 with an attached USB hard drive. First make sure you can see the HD500 and it's HD from your computer on the network. Then I mapped the USB hard drive to each of my computers so I could access it readily. I regularly transfer files to and from the USB attached hard drive from my all my computers. Should work the same for an internal drive on the HC500. With Windows 7 the C4 controllers show up in my network under the workgroup 'CONTROL4HOME', but if I remember correctly under Windows XP I found them under the Microsoft Network.

Archived