C4 Forums | Control4

Best minimum Control 4 practices?

Could someone please help me by telling me the base essential Control 4 and related equipment (type/brand switches) I would need if I want to push music and HD (HDMI) video into three rooms over cat5 using Control4. The condo is already prewired with cat5 throughout. I plan to use as sources:

- 2 HD satellite boxes

-1 Apple HD TV (HDMI)

-1 Mac mini

-1TB Apple time capsule as the router and backup server

-1 Ps3\blueray

-Denon 3310 AVR (will I need 1 or 2 to have sound/video multizoned? Do still need a HD matrix if if the AVR has two HDMI outputs? These AVRs do say "multizoned"....)

As far as C4 preferences I would like one wall 7" touch screen and controllers over two iPhones (anyone know if you need mor than one C4 licence per household per iPhone?) Also I would like to have 5.1/7.1 audio in the living room so any suggestions on good sounding ceiling speakers would be appreciated. ceiling speakers would be appreciated.

Many many thanks in advance to anyone that can help!!!

Any local dealer can assist you with the config. you mentioned. As for ceiling speakers and 5.1/7.1, you will still need a subwoofer- that's about all I can suggest. But, if you are existing construction, consider the mess of getting ceiling runs in. The sound from all but the platinum-plated variety hacks in comparison to modest-priced free-standing elements. I have both set-ups and a always wince at the performance of my ceiling units.

Archived