C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 and Sony TV problem?

Hi folks. I have a few of the Sony KDL XBR9 tv hookup to HC500 and HC200. The problem is that the tv hookup to the HC500 keep loosing the internal clock. I have to reset the time nearly every other days. The tv with the HC200 is fine. The tv clock never reset itself. I did a experiment with 2 tv that is hooked up to 2 separate HC 500. One of tv I only turn on and off the power using the original sony remote and the time is not reset. The other one I use slim control (SR-250) and the tv will loose the time. The dealer told me it is the Sony tv has problem but how can all 3 of them have the same problem. Can anyone shred some light on this mystery? Normally, on a sony tv, I have to unplug the power cord in order for the time to reset. Please help. Thanks.

Hi there. The sony tv has an internal clock that display the current time. I can see what time of the day it is by pressing the display button on the tv remote. When I first get the tv home or whenever there is a power failure, the display clock will show --:-- instead of a time (12:02 for example). I need to manually input the time and date to the tv for it to display properly. However, when I use the control4 remote to turn on and off the tv, the time will be back to --:-- and I will need to input the time again. If I use the Sony remote to turn on and off the tv, the time will remain and I don't need to set it.

I hope that explain my problem better. Any idea? Thanks.

are you using a outlet switch to turn the TV on and off via C4? or was the TV added and setup by your dealer and you have IR control going to it from your controller to turn it on and off?

Really sounds like your either turning off the power source or your Sony remote only puts the set into standby and the C4 command is actually shutting the set down, you might look to see if there is a standby command and edit the driver to issue the standby command instead of the OFF command

Grasping at straws here but this was all I could come up with

Thanks for the reply. The tv was installed together with the C4 unit by the dealer. The power supply for the tv is hooked up directly to the wall outlet. According to the dealer, he only program the C4 to send the on and off command to the IR infront of the tv. The dealer said it is identical to the command send from the tv remote.

Wow...that's a headscratcher.

On my Sony Grand Wega (which I no longer own) I think I remember there being a standby mode, where the LED changed colors but stayed lit. Am I correct?

I also thought I remember there being a standby button on the remote. Am I remembering wrong?

Does the TV look or act different when using the different remotes?

Also, what if you use the factory remote and press the power button several times in rapid sequence, does that duplicate this problem?

Digging kind of deep here, but I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you.

Archived