C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Menu doesn't appear

when I turned on my c4 system, the tv and everything turn on, but the screen stays black and just says component 1. It's worked fine for a year. I suspect its an input problem and the cords on the back of the tv are fine

EDIT: Just got through to the satellite tv and it appears that the problem is with the display because the sound and everything worked fine but there was no picture

If the screen says component 1 then the display is probably still working. Check your cables and make sure they go into component input 1 or just change the inputs on your TV to the other inputs and see if you get video when you have the sound playing.

Is your satellite receiver hooked directly to your TV?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm kinda new here.. I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me. I have an HC300 which has an onscreen GUI which is unresponsive when you press the "RED 4" button. The menu comes up but you can't move left, right, up or down. Any ideas would be really appreciated??

Lumberfred .. I had the same problem when I added a UPS to my main controller this week. After moving the power cords to the UPS and booting the system back up same thing as you are experiencing. Turned out the green RCA plug of the component cable had been partially pulled out of the cable box. Start by checking the connections.

Archived