C4 Forums | Control4

Denon AVR-4308CI & Pioneer Elite SC-05

Rob0729

I posted this in the third party forum, but it doesn't seem to get much traffic. So sorry for a redundant thread.

I am considering adding a Control 4 system to my house. I have two home theater set ups that I would want to connect to the system. One is runninga Denon AVR-4308CI and the othe with a Pioneer Elite SC-05. Both manufacturers are listed as certified, but neither receiver is listed as certified.

My question is can I connect these receivers into the Control 4 and will I lose functionality if I do? Should I invest in new receivers? Both receivers are fairly new and kinda expensive. Rather not have to get rid of them if I don't have to.

Any feedback?

You shouldn't need to replace either. They are both good receivers.

There are 232 drivers for both in the c4 database.

Thanks for the info. Good to hear I won't have to spend anouther $3-4k to get my system up and running.

Denon will work fine and its RS232. Don't forget to ask your dealer if there is an upgrade available for it. I think it adds dynamic EQ so when you play it at lower volume it keeps the effect where they need to be. Its a free upgrade, but you must rerun the audessy setup. I don't do pioneer but that should be fine, also does rs232 and the elite TV's I've done all worked perfect.

Denon will work fine and its RS232. Don't forget to ask your dealer if there is an upgrade available for it. I think it adds dynamic EQ so when you play it at lower volume it keeps the effect where they need to be. Its a free upgrade, but you must rerun the audessy setup. I don't do pioneer but that should be fine, also does rs232 and the elite TV's I've done all worked perfect.

Thanks for the additional info.

The denon 4308CI RS 232 driver isn't perfect and requires some modification to work correctly. Especially regarding the sources contained in the receiver itself ( tuner, internet radio, HD radio) are not quite right. If you are planning on using any additional zones on the receiver it takes some playing to get everything to work. If you'd like a copy of my driver and work arounds for your dealer to reference let me know. I've got 99 percent of it working including zone 2-4.

I'd look at the newer c4 certified denons. I'm getting ready to upgrade myself.

Archived