C4 Forums | Control4

Ceiling fans

If you've wired the fans with independent wiring for the lights from the fan, then yes, the Control4 system can natively control the lights with a Control4 dimmer, and the fan (on/off only) with a Control4 switch.

If not, there's no easy way to do anything more than on/off control of both Fan and Lights as one.

RyanE

I have a Control4 On/Off switch powering my Fan motor, and a Control4 Dimmer powering the fan light.

I still have to use the wireless controller to adjust the speed but i don't change the speed enough that it bothers me much.

If you've wired the fans with independent wiring for the lights from the fan, then yes, the Control4 system can natively control the lights with a Control4 dimmer, and the fan (on/off only) with a Control4 switch.

If not, there's no easy way to do anything more than on/off control of both Fan and Lights as one.

RyanE

But Ryan................why could they not come up with a switch / dimmer in one box? Just like the fans come with but a C4 product?

I was thinking about solving the same problem. Using the IO Extender you can pull apart an after market fan remote (like the one Hunter makes) and wire the button contacts into the IO contacts. I have an IO extender on my rack, but I plan on using it for door bell, sprinklers and my whole house fan. The HC-300 also has an IR blaster on the front if the fan is in the same room. You could also use an IR extender/repeater (Radio Shack) and use one of your IR bugs off your HC300 or 200. Dumb ideas?

Archived