C4 Forums | Control4

Bryant Evolution/Carrier Infinity T-stat

tebery

I've got the Bryant Evolution Zone System and would love to integrate with C4, but the SAM module is damn expensive and I have not found anyone that has done it before. I want to hear it works well before I fork out the cash.

If you end up doing it...let me know.

Search is your friend. There are a few posts.

http://www.c4forums.com/search.php?search_id=1049401437

Alan

I did a search before posting. I know it can be done, but looking for some feedback from someone who has done it.

Really want to know if the control is exact as with a C4 t-stat. Wanting to know if with the Carrier driver I would be able to control through C4 everything that is on the Carrier t-stat.

i.e, fan speed, ability to control an ERV unit and ability to switch from heat pump to emergency heat.

I've got the Bryant Evolution Zone System and would love to integrate with C4, but the SAM module is damn expensive and I have not found anyone that has done it before. I want to hear it works well before I fork out the cash.

If you end up doing it...let me know.

Dan,

So you are not controlling hvac at all with c4?

Unfortunately not. It isn't a big deal though, I've got a thermostat in every room so I don't have very far to go if I want to adjust the temperature.

I've got the driver, I just haven't boned up and bought the SAM yet...I want to hear a success story first.

I have a Bryant Evolution system. The Bryant dealer agreed to order the SAM module and install it on a trial basis.

I was on 1.8 at the time and nothing that my very experienced and capable C4 dealer could do would make the system work properly including installing different drivers. The main problem that I had was not being able to control the furnace properly including the ability to adjust the heating and cooling schedules via C4.

The SAM was removed and the C4 thermostat was replaced with the Carrier thermostat and it works perfectly.

Without the SAM the C4 thermostat was not able to turn the AC on and off properly. Not sure if going through the SAM improved that situation because it was removed as soon as the lack of scheduling control was confirmed.

I had heard that C4 2.0 was supposed to address some of these issues but I have not heard of any details.

With the SAM you're supposed to user the Bryant thermostats, not C4 ones. You were trying to use C4 thermostats with the SAM attached to the Evolution Zone system?

If so, that's why it didn't work. The SAM allows C4 to control the system by allowing it to soak directly to the zone board and controlling the system that way. It won't work with C4 thermostats.

"flash base upgrades". When you say that do you mean it quit working when you updated to 2.0?

I can not say it's 2.0 for certain because my Bryant system was intalled after I had 2.0. All I know is I can control my Heat/AC temp and Fan speed from my 4"'s and from my web browser only under HTML, but nothing works on my 7"'s or web browser when using Flash.

With the SAM you're supposed to user the Bryant thermostats, not C4 ones. You were trying to use C4 thermostats with the SAM attached to the Evolution Zone system?

If so, that's why it didn't work. The SAM allows C4 to control the system by allowing it to soak directly to the zone board and controlling the system that way. It won't work with C4 thermostats.

My post was not correctly stated. I had a Bryant thermostat that was connected to the SAM module which was connected to the furnace. The C4 thermostat was not being used at that time. Could use C4 touch panels to control basic temperature settings but was not able to do scheduling changes.

Archived