C4 Forums | Control4

Cannot Add Music

TheOracle

All - I have tried to do this in several attempts but have been unable to since my dealer upgraded my system to 1.7.3. I have asked my dealer but no valid answer.

I have a new set of CDs. When I try to use the CD tray on the media controller, it reads the media and promptly does nothing with it. I can add the same CD to my laptop, it adds it properly along with all the CD and song information. I then try to add the music from the laptop connection. It copies it properly to the media controller and it's in the proper folder. However, it never shows up on the media list in Composer (Either Composer Home or Media).

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

• 1 month later...

when I try to use the CD tray on the media controller it loads and "lookup error" shows on the window of the media controller . This is new and I never had this problem before. The system use to upload the music from the internet. Any ideas what could be wrong.

when I try to use the CD tray on the media controller it loads and "lookup error" shows on the window of the media controller . This is new and I never had this problem before. The system use to upload the music from the internet. Any ideas what could be wrong.

What version are you on. The lookup service changed recently, and if you are on a version before the change it won't work. I'll have to see which version started the change, I can't remember off the top of my head

Archived