C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 16 Channel Amp

ILoveC4

I have a used, but perfect condition Control4 16 channel (8 Zone) amp that I am selling. It has been rack mounted in a clean environment its entire life. It is about three years old, but works as the day it did when I pulled it from the box.

It is currently running 2.0.2, but I am happy to put any firmware version on it for you.

I have the original box as well as all the original packaging contents, so it will be shipped/packaged nicely.

I'm open to offers, but am thinking $1,500 + shipping?

Any questions, let me know.

Dan

I already have one of these (8zone amp) but I could use more zones. Will this work together without the 16zone matrix

You could split your sources to the second amp. It will work but C4 does not recommend it. Splitting the audio out of a controller (HC-200/300/500) does not work well at all. Your are best off with the C4 matrix switch.

so what is the difference between.

hc300 and 2x rca out to input in C4 16 amp

and same situation with matrix??

Will you not have 2 sources anyway?

Unless matrix can stream via cat5

Please let me know as I may change my project in next 2 days.

all best

Janusz

As long as you DO NOT split the stereo out's from an HC class controller between 2 amps you should be fine. So if you want rhapsody playing on both amp's at a minimum you would need two stereo pairs going directly (not y'd) from your HC (s) to each 16 ch amp.

I already have one of these (8zone amp) but I could use more zones. Will this work together without the 16zone matrix

Yes. For 9-16 zones the recommended config is two amps and one 16:16 matrix.

The only steadfast recommendation I know of as far as the audio matrix is concerned in the 16+ zones - which requires 2 Audio Matrix Switches and still Y's the sources. Don't want to muddy up your listing here :)

Yes. For 9-16 zones the recommended config is two amps and one 16:16 matrix.

The only steadfast recommendation I know of as far as the audio matrix is concerned in the 16+ zones - which requires 2 Audio Matrix Switches and still Y's the sources. Don't want to muddy up your listing here :)

Don't muddy it up then =)

If you want to read what I was referring to take a look at the "Large Systems Whitepaper". It discusses exactly what I just hit on in great detail.

Archived