C4 Forums | Control4

Only one zone audio working? Completely lost...

Woke up this morning, went to the tv room and the flipped on the television.

The audio is out? The mute button/volume control does nothing.

Then I went to the kitchen to use the ipad and turn on music in any of the rooms and it came up as muted. I couldnt disable the mute. So I turned off the ipad, and powered off the system in the basement. Powered it back on. Went back to the ipad and now the volume icon is grayed out. (I can adjust volume level, but still no sound)

I checked the basement theatre tv and the sound is fine. I think I may have turned off the tv last night while it was muted in the tv room.

Any suggestions?? Please call me if possible I need this fixed asap.

801-946-7310

thanks,

I spoke with someone that said the theatre is irrelevent. It's on a seperate reciever.

here's the symptoms:

-all zones audio out

-powered all equip off/on

-ipad c4 software audio button was muted, and after powercycle is now grayed out.

I had a similar problem. I don't recall what the root cause was anymore, but it was related to either the C4 audio matrix switch or amp.

So if you have a similar setup, try going to your audio matrix switch to see if all the channels are muted (from the front of the physical switch). This has happened to me a number of times since install, but not lately. I have an iPad as well, so maybe that is the culprit - a certain way a room is shutoff that then causes the switch to mute all the channels.

Let me me know if this helps.

• 1 month later...

I have this problem repeatedly. I am running 1.7.2.

however, the issue is that the audio matrix switch is setting the output to -Inf.

According to my dealer, this is a known issue. I am still waiting for a fix.

• 10 months later...

Archived