C4 Forums | Control4

Light switch/dimmer problem

Hi guys,

don't know if you can point me in the right direction here. I have a C4 light switch/dimmer that just controls some art lighting. It's set to come on in the evenings to light up a picture. Had been working fine for close to a year I think. But today it's not working at all. The blue LEDs aren't on and the switch just does nothing (lights are off). When I go into Composer and look at its properties, there's nothing under channel or gateway.

We did have an electrician out today to change a couple of light fixtures elsewhere in the house (not in the same room). I've checked the breakers and everything else in that room (outlets and lights) works. So I can't figure out how that would have affected anything.

Does it sound like the switch has died? I don't know if I need to call my C4 guy or an electrician.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Brent

Seems fishy to me it would die while an electrician was there working on things. Maybe he inadvertently cut the power source?

I'd have hi back to check it out and do as Henniae said, ensure there is a live power source to the C4 switch.

Archived