C4 Forums | Control4

Control Access Motion sensor

tobyringle

Can you program the motion sensor to perform multiple scenarios based on the time of the day? For example, during hours 6pm -11-pm, motion will turn on all lights in the bedroom. However, from hours of 11pm-6am, motion will only turn on the bathroom light?

And lastly, can the Card Access motion sensor be used as a motion sensor to activate your security system when it is set to "away"?

Thanks!

You can program the motion sensors to perform different scenarios based on the time of day. Basically you add programming to do the different things you wish to do for the event of motion being sensed.

As far as I know the card access motion sensors can't be used to trigger your alarm system.

It is possible to use a relay on an HC300 to trigger the alarm. The security system would have to have an open zone available which would have to be programmed as an active zone. But it is possible if you must do it. I personally wouldn't. What alarm panel do you have? Is is possible to get wireless sensors for it?

It is possible to use a relay on an HC300 to trigger the alarm....

good point. I also would not recommend it. For the cost of the extra relays and contacts it would probably be easier to use a second wireless motion sensor dedicated to the alarm system.

Archived