C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless dimmer controlling an outlet dimmer?

urbanmark

I have a wall wireless dimmer that I don't need to control an electrical load. Instead, I'd like to be able to use the wall dimmer to control one of the outlets of a plug-in outlet dimmer. I have it set-up now for the top button to ramp to 100 and a bottom button to ramp to 0. But what about all the points in between? Is there an easy way to "map/bind/program" an outlet dimmer to a wall dimmer that would give me full dimming control? Thanks!

Yes. Turn the dimmer on, and disconnect the load (uncheck "buttons attached). This way, the dimmer buttons won't control the load anymore, it will always be on. Then, do the programming to have the button presses/releases operate the outlet dimmer.

That's interesting. I have a different scenario, and maybe you know if this would work as well dan. I have some outlets in the house that are turned on and off by switches. How can I dim a lamp hooked to one of those switches, or is that possible?

I'm guessing I could just put a wall dimmer on that plug and keep the switch always turned to on. That would at least let me dim the light from navigators/keypads. But if I wanted to dim from said switch, would I just do what you said? Hook the lamp to a wall dimmer and put the switch that turns that plug on a standard dimmer and uncheck "buttons attached"?

Archived