C4 Forums | Control4

re: Watching TV on multiple TV's (different rooms different channels)

lpblack

I was just going to say use different remotes.

But I think what he means is if he has 2 or more tvs in a room to control them independently using the same remote. I'm just guessing. OP please clarify

If you want the ability to watch a different channel on each TV, you will need as many set-top boxes as TVs. Alternatively, you can get a video matrix to share 2-3 set-top boxes between the 5 TVs you have.

If you have multiple TVs on the same physical room one way to do this is to setup different rooms in the C4 system. You would switch to each room to control the TV set for that room.

i do not really know what the OP means but switching rooms would take at least 4-5 clicks to change a channel and then 4-5 clicks to change a channel for the other TV. Could get annoying after a while

If you want the ability to watch a different channel on each TV, you will need as many set-top boxes as TVs. Alternatively, you can get a video matrix to share 2-3 set-top boxes between the 5 TVs you have.

The video matrix switch might make it better, do not have to switch rooms but needs 2 clicks to change sources "Watch"+Cable1, 2 or 3

My suggestion, it might be possible, others might confirm is to sacrifice some functionality of the remote and use your colored buttons red,blue etc to change channels for the other TVs. Now some cable drivers use those buttons so you might have to tweak the drivers.

Now I'm curious. Will this work?

Archived