C4 Forums | Control4

Loaded Question - Please don't "flame" me too hard.

Should I get a control4 system installed in my house. I have been reading the forums here and it seems like a lot of the issues are old (dated) and hopefully been resolved. I have a professional installer quoting my house as we speak (estimate $33,000 to $40,000) for the house - includes a 50" Plasma, 20" or so Plasma and another 20" or so for my deck - 8 rooms for audio distribution - building a rack for the equipment - maybe a 20" Plasma behind a two way-mirror in the bathroom - wiring, cable, ethernet, phone and security system. They had the "Bill Gates" system on display as well, but I have a "fine wine" taste with a "beer" wallet.

Looks like a good/affordable solution with some "outdated" bugs - he warned me to stay away from the 10.5" "remote" because of some issues with loss of signal associated with the antenna, but said it would hopefully be fixed soon?

Any thoughts?

Ours was Leda, she worked out of Ivory Crossing when we start looking last March. Just moved here from Memphis. We have the walkout as well, but I am not lucky enough to work from home (just assuming you do from your post) - I won't even mention the stupid amount of upgrades we did (tried to keep the wife happy with the move and stuff). We are still waiting approval from the town of South Jordan - renting a small house in Daybreak until the house is finished.

That is a damn big house you built - assume you have a big family? Just the wife an me at this point in time, but everybody says there is something in the water in SLC so kids are just a matter of time.

Who did you use for your work? or are you shopping around?

We ended up getting rid of the open area over the family room and instead made all of the rooms upstairs bigger. We also flipped the master to the back side of the house so we could have a deck off of it. It ended up being about 7200 SF. We have 2 kids, and you are correct, the big office is because I work from home. I have spoken with a couple of CI's, but no decision yet.

Archived