C4 Forums | Control4

Switches used for all of the equipment ????

MurphysLaw

One of the problems that our system has is that we are using an impact switch 6x2. The installer said that most people trade up for 8 in, 8 out.

Do you all have this? So all of your tvs can watch different things?

How do your sound systems play different music in each room? Right now, I only have the choice of playing one type of music (media, Pandora or Rhapsody ot TV or Blu-ray if I want) throughout the house. If I do not want something to play in a specific room, I have to physically turn down the speakers in that room.

Thoughts? Is this normal?

How do your sound systems play different music in each room? Right now, I only have the choice of playing one type of music (media, Pandora or Rhapsody ot TV or Blu-ray if I want) throughout the house. If I do not want something to play in a specific room, I have to physically turn down the speakers in that room.

Thoughts? Is this normal?

From what you have described you do not have a multi-zone amplifier for your music. If you have local volume controls in each room you probably have a single zone amp.

To listen to different sources in different rooms you need a multi-zone amp. C4 makes several models of multi-zone amps that will allow you to play different sources in different rooms as well as control all the sources and rooms individually from your remotes and touch screens.

It is all how you set it up. I have an 8X8 audio/video matrix switch, and I also have Control4 8 zone amp, which has 8 inputs and a built in matrix switch.

What you have now isn't wrong, just different (and less capable). Who knows why it was designed that way....did you give them a specific budget they had to work around?

Archived