C4 Forums | Control4

Connecting to iTunes

I have to be extremely close to working this thing out but I'm missing something. I have a 65k song library in iTunes with plenty of playlists already set up. I want to control it in C4 with my ipod so I can play DJ.

I have an HC300 with my computer connected to the receiver. iTunes is set to share my library from my PC running Windows 7

From my ipod:

If I use iTunes through the C4 App it runs extremely slow and doesn't show the songnames in the playlists. It shows the song name and album art on the Now Playing screen though.

If I use the Remote App for iTunes outside of C4, it is blazing fast but then I don't have the queue, which is very important if I want to play DJ.

I've tried connecting a USB drive directly to the C4 and (after an 8+ hour scan) that shows all the song names but is very slow when trying to pick songs. Making playlists is virtually impossible because the media library is so large and slow and adding songs would also require a new scan which takes hours with such a large library.

I like the Remote App from Apple and would like to use it in conjunction with the queue if I can. Is there something that I'm missing?

Check out the app written by tiba21. Search this forum for iTunes playlist converter.

I looked into that before, but again with the large library I could never export my entire list from C4 to run the through the playlists converter. I tried to let it run but would get the "disconnected from director/keep waiting" box. I even let it go overnight but it never exported.

This morning I did a little more digging and found the iTunes DJ. With that I can start up my whole house audio and using the Remote App outside of C4, add songs to the queue. I can also allow guests with an iPhone, iPod, iPad or Droid with the Remote App to choose songs too. That way I don't have to pass around my iPod and can remin in control.

This is exactly what I'm looking for, now if I could get it to work this well within the C4 app, that would be perfect.

Archived