C4 Forums | Control4

Electrical load info

mickey

Hi All,

I am considering C4 for a major home remodel and am looking for some reading material, or technical information to help me. Specifically I am trying to eliminate those unsightly 4-gang electrical boxes and use key pads. I know C4 requires local loads but there must be some work around for this??

thank you in advance

mic

The current work around is to place the dimmers and switched in closets or other hidden locations.

C4 is working on a panelized lighting solution. It is available in Europe now and will probably be available in the US in the future.

I have an install in the field that has 20-30 Dimmer/Switches in 3 Different Closets. In this particular home we also have 6-Buttons throughout the house as well as thermostats to build the zigbee mesh. I have never seen an official document on a max cluster size but I would not go much bigger than 20-30 per closet

I would think hard about placing that many switches in a closet for 2 main reasons. First, if/when the system is down using the switches will be inconvienient or dangerous (think stairs). Second, it's hard to know what the return on investment is when you sell your house. Some buyer may view it as a negative.

I didn't know about zigbee storms. Ichbinbose, would you elaborate?

maybe, it really depends on your system, as well as your needs, wants and how much you are willing to spend. You should consult with at least three different local dealers as to what will make the most sence for you.

Archived