C4 Forums | Control4

Version 1.74,,,, vs 1.8,,,

I bought a whole lot of dimmers and swithches fom this site. The seller claimed they were 1.8. I am on 1.7 but so far all of the swiches have worked with 1.7. Are the switches 1.7 and the seller mistaken, or do 1.8 swiches work with 1.7 software? Is the a final answer?

thanks

Once you upgrade to 1.8 or higher, you are moving your system out of stanard ZigBee network to a ZigBee PRO network...

From my understanding once you update dimmers, switches and, keypads to zigbee pro 1.8 and higher, they can "not" be restored back because they no on board memory to assist in the restore process.

Once you upgrade to 1.8 or higher, you are moving your system out of stanard ZigBee network to a ZigBee PRO network...

From my understanding once you update dimmers, switches and, keypads to zigbee pro 1.8 and higher, they can "not" be restored back because they no on board memory to assist in the restore process.

The ZigBee network in 1.8 is a more industry standard then the ZigBee network in 1.7.

It is true that once you move to the ZigBee stack in C4 software 1.8 you can't down grade to the ZigBee stack used in 1.7.

Has anyone tried to connect a known 1.7 zigbee to the 1.8 software? What happens? Does it just fail to connect or can it connect and then mess things up?

ZigBee in 1.7 (Embernet) and ZigBee in 1.8 (ZigBee Pro) are incompatible.

You can upgrade some 1.7 ZigBee devices to ZigBee Pro, but not all devices that run 1.7 can be upgraded.

Archived