C4 Forums | Control4

Strange Audio Problems

I have had a perfectly stable and working system for a long time. The other day strange things started happening and I need help.

My system has the following behavior:

Via the Matrix Switch I was able to play audio from 2 Directv boxes, a tuner and Digital Audio in anyone of 8 rooms via a 16 Ch Amp.

Now I can only play digital audio in those rooms even though the selections are available. When I select anything other than digital music, I get silence.

To further test, I have a speaker point in the basement connected to the matrix switch. It is able to play all of the sources.

Thus, the amp works because it does play digital music. The matrix works because it is switching the inputs and outputs for the digital audio and the speaker point.

I can watch the amp turn on the inputs and outputs on the screen, but no sound. I can watch the matrix switch the inputs and outputs as I select them. I have checked the mute status and the volume levels. I have power cycled the amp, matrix and the main HC300.

This is driving me crazy. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have you rebooted your network switch? Try rebooting everything ONE at a time..................

Also try rebooting your router and IP modem. This happens to me once in a blue moon.

Also If you have a HC 300 reboot that / them. They are known to have some problems with this.

ONE last thing!! lol............... and I know this sounds " dumb" but few times in past year I have had to go make sure my connections have not come loose in my rack. Try pushing in ALL the connections in everything!

You would be suprised, if ONE connection is not in tight.............the vibration of fans and other in your rack.......over time can loosen a connection! ( or if you have kids.... they love to play hide in seek in the AV closet ) :D

Archived