C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Speakers?

Ok' date=' picked up some in wall and ceiling 8" C4 speakers does anyone recommend a center channel and sub to go with these???

Thanks...

A little more info picked up 4 in ceiling and 2 inwall. Could I use 1 of the square inwalls as a center? Then I would just use the in ceiling for front and back in the ceiling? Any thoughts?[/quote']

Hi Hooked,

I'm a little specific (picky) with speaker selection. Just a few questions.

From what I've read you are trying to do a 5.1 setup

Yes, but if I use the 4 round in ceilings and the 2 inwalls then find 1 more 8" rectangle I could have 7.1 correct?

This room I'm assuming will be theater room?

Yes...

What is the shape/size of room?

15X28

Will the listener be in the center or closer to the back edge?

Both would be my answer...

Lastly,

Do you want recommendations for in wall/ceiling center and subs? or speaker boxes acceptable?

I will use the C4 in wall/ceiling...center and sub.

I will use the C4 in wall/ceiling...center and sub.

I guess it is not a bad idea to stick with C4 speakers at least the tonality will be matched I guess. IF, big IF

They have subs and or center. Not to familiar with them I've only seen them as stereo room speakers I do not know if they have specific center or even subs but I guess the dealers here will know better.

Center speakers are configured to maximize the dialogue range of sound very important speaker in a 5.1 or 7.1 setup. Subs of course are specific to go in the lower range of sound spectrum that gives you the low bass.

Yes, but if I use the 4 round in ceilings and the 2 inwalls then find 1 more 8" rectangle I could have 7.1 correct?

You probably already know this but I might just be reading the above wrongly. The .1 on the surround setup refers to the number of subs you have in the setup.

2 - pair of front speakers (good front speakers will be full range good for music and video)

2 - pair or rear surround speakers ( this speakers gives you the illusion of space in a theatre)

1 - center speaker (this channel is mostly for dialogue, very clear and crisp sound is what u looking for)

The above at this point is a 5.0 surrond setup

add 1 or 2 subwoofers will make a 5.1 or 5.2

7.1 or 7.2 would mean that you are utilizing the front surround usually located above or on the side of your front/main speakers

I'm a little concerned that you will use ceiling speakers as your surround for 5.1 or 7.1. They will be pointed downwards unless they are directional.

Good luck, let me know if I can help further I do have a pair of in-wall(square) C4 speakers and NEW pair of in-ceiling (round) speakers, available for sale. Great room speakers for that I will suggest them. For theater speakers I love my Paradigms LCRs

Archived