C4 Forums | Control4

Video Distribution and Control

bog

There is no option right from Control4 for video distribution or control.

1. How do I find something that can work with Control4?

2. What do you think of Audio Authority's residential video distribution system (http://www.audioauthority.com/9870wn.php)?

3. Exactly how would I be able to use the Control4 remote in the bedroom to control a PVR or cable tuner located in a different room?

Any other suggestions or options to integrate video into a Control4 system?

Knox Video switchers do a good job and work well with C4 systems!

I have everything in a central location and modulate it to non-HD TV's (say satellite on channel 50, 400 disc changer on channel 60 etc...) - TV's that have HD going to them - I use a KNOX Switcher to switch / send that signal.

What exactly would a driver do?

The driver would enable you to switch from your PVR to your cable box to your DVD player, etc. as long as you were 'connected' and had your IR blasters in place. The AA gear does do IR control(from an IR receiver in the room hooked up to the AA wallplate) directly to the 1166 unit and it also can learn/pass IR out of the 1166 IR control to other devices, but.......not very good if you're not sitting in front of an IR receiver, so......RF out of the C4 remote to the HTC or MC then an IR blaster out of the THC/MC to the front of the 1166 seems like the best way to go.

Chris

Archived